Thursday, July 15, 2010

Stop Go. Yes No.

From my arrival until now I have been non stop except for the time I made to write my last post. Moving and adjusting is a much longer process than I had expect it to be. Right when I think there is no possible way that we have forgotten a single necessity, I remember something else. I'm sure in about a week we will have everything settled and put together the way it should be. Each day it feels more and more like home.

Yesterday was my Mom's last full day here. We made sure to get all the big projects finished so we could spend her last day in the city. To get to the city from my house is about a thirty minute commute, which is not bad at all. Luckily I got a roommate who knows the bus and train system like a champ, because there is no way my mom and I could have gotten around without her. I have a lot of learning to do. Once we reached the city I was blown away by how gorgeous it really is. I have seen many pictures, but they do not come close to actually seeing it in person.
We saw the Sydney Harbor Bridge and the Opera House first. The area that they are in is such a peaceful place, especially for being in the city. We had lunch at the Opera Bar which is outside right next to the water. The weather was perfect but cold when windy. Everything you would want is within walking distance. One second you are looking at the water, then the next you are either in the Botanical Gardens or at some of the best shopping in the heart of the city. The Botanical Gardens are beautiful. The pictures above were taken there. I can't pass up a tree climb, and I'm glad Nastassia couldn't either. She is a lot like me.
My mom and I were blown away by the shopping. There are so many more stores here and all of them have cute and unique clothes. I already know General Pants, Dotti, and Just Jeans are going to be some of my new favorites. Now I just need a job. The city itself is unlike any other city I have seen. It is unusually clean and the designs of the stores and buildings are very plush.The day in the city was long, but a perfect last day for my mom. Each day I am falling more and more in love with Sydney, I have a peace about being here. God has already answered so many prayers and I am so excited for school to start in a week and a half. I am ready to grow and seek God on a level like never before, that is why I am here. No matter the chaos, I am not going to let myself forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment